Saturday, July 9, 2011

CM Punk: Possibly The Best Of This Generation...

Now, let me just state that I have always been a fan of CM Punk and his work inside and outside of the ring.  His matches are always exciting and his promo's are close to untouchable by other superstars.  In light of the recent rant he went on on the most recent Raw, I have developed a new sense of respect for Punk.  While we don't know a whole lot of what went on behind the scenes during this rant, we do know that no one other than Punk knew what was going to be said and even though his method of conveying his issues are controversial, Punk had a lot of points that I happen to agree with.  In my opinion, CM Punk is one of the top ring performers today on both the Smackdown and Raw rosters.  I love every match that he puts on and his promos are always extremely entertaining.  With his most recent promo, Punk brought us back to the days of the "attitude" era and gave us a sense of realism when there has been close to no realism as of late.  I have always felt that Punk was one of the most underrated superstars in the WWE and I agree that his talents have not been properly recognized.  CM Punk deserves to be in one of the main events at next year's wrestlemania, but instead The Rock will headline next year's 'Mania and probably will not wrestle a single match before that.  Regardless of the outcome of the next few weeks, I applaud Punk for taking a chance and voicing his opinion and I also believe that  this will do more good than bad in the future of Punk's career.

No comments:

Post a Comment