Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The New Nexus: Where Do They Go From Here?

If you follow the WWE week to week you probably know that every member of the New Nexus, except for CM Punk, has been eliminated due to Randy Orton's punt.  This means that the match between him and Punk will truly be one on one which is always good for a match happening at Wrestlemania.  While this is good for the upcoming match itself, what is to become of the "injured" members of the new Nexus?  We already have seen Husky Harris debut a new persona in the developmental FCW and I believe it is only a matter of time before we see the rest of the Nexus members go back to the FCW roster.  I truly wonder why WWE decided to bring these people up to the majors only to send them back to the developmental territory.  The original Nexus was a great idea for a villain stable and provided many interesting moments of WWE television but I believe that the same effect could have been achieved with established WWE wrestlers who are on the newer side rather than brand new wrestlers entirely.  I seriously hope that we see more of the former Nexus members sometime in the future as I believe they have a lot of potential.  What I also wonder, is why the WWE was so quick to squash the Nexus idea while the Corre (which I believe to be a poor man's Nexus) is alive and well.  The only explanation I can find is that the WWE believes that of all the original NXT superstars the people who moved to the Corre were the only ones that they could see with immediate potential.


  While I see the reasoning behind these decisions, I do no think it was fair to bring these new wrestlers to the majors and introduce them to the WWE universe only to take them away so quickly.  I mean they never really had a chance to make a huge impact at all.  There are a lot of ideas the the WWE makes that I dont fully agree with but this could have been a great way to introduce some new blood, but they took it away before it truly meant anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment