Saturday, March 19, 2011

TNA: Headed To Be The New WCW

I have been following TNA wrestling for the past few weeks and let me just say that I am very disappointed with this product.  The past few episodes of Impact  I have witnessed were very boring with very little wrestling at all.  The last episode I watched had two matches during the two hours of runtime.  The stories were nowhere near as interesting as WWE storylines and thats saying something.  For example, Kurt Angle has a surprise for Jeff Jarrett and ends up hitting Jeff with a *gasp* a guitar?!  NO WAY!!!  You understand what I'm getting at here.  TNA is heading for the same fate as WCW.  I mean they have the same people running it that put WCW out of business (Bischoff and Russo).  Another note, look at all the top TNA stars, they are stars that were made in other promotions; Sting (WCW), Kurt Angle (WWE) Rob Van Dam (ECW AND WWE) Mr. Anderson (WWE) and of course Mick Foley (I do not need to tell you his history).  The amount of home grown TNA stars is miniscule.  I refuse to acknowledge Samoa Joe as a potential draw.  He may be popular to some people but I really dont see anything all that special about him.  I have recently finished Mick Foley's book "Countdown To Lockdown" and it sickens me to read his claims that TNA is such a great product and is far better than WWE.  While the backstage politics may run rampant in WWE and some superstars may have better unfair advantages than others, they offer a far better product than TNA.  If you dont believe me, tivo an episode of Impact and compare it to a recorded episode of Raw.  If you like the episode of Impact better, then I owe you a steveweiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment